Makan-Makan Adventure

Don't know where to eat? Wanna know where to find GOOD Malaysian Food?? Follow us to our culinary adventure...come back for new postings!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sambal Petai Prawn @ Section 17

I find it very difficult to get real good sambal dish here as compared to the place I came from, Kedah. Not even in some famous nyonya restaurant. Thanks to my friend, I finally have a place to go to when I miss my mom's cooking.

shop

I've been a regular customer of this place since college for their wan tan mi, char kuey teow, Penang prawn mee & kuey teow soup, but I never knew the have such a fantastic sambal dish until a friend recommended to me last year.

Stall"Ah Hock" side dish, the name itself tells you Hokkien is one of the channel here.

Sambal petai is a MUST TRY here! This is the closest to my mom's cooking. It's definitely better than the one in Madam Kwan's. Sambal petai with prawns of a 50 cents coin, serve with rice @ only RM5.50!

petai

If you don't take petai....like me, replace the petai with ladies finger! Emmm....yum yum!

ladies finger


How to get there?
Restaurant Say Huat is a coffee shop in Section 17 PJ, where the morning wet market is, the same place which full of food stalls at night. It's the most busy area in Section 17, you won't miss it.

Food: MUST TRY! You will come back again....trust me :-)
Ambience: Coffee shop
Price: Cheap
Recommended by: Friend

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i don't eat petai and ladies finger wor...can replace with other vege ar?

GiLLian said...

Sure can! Sambal long beans, brinjal...or any other vege/beans they have :-)

Anonymous said...

ah gee,the bu bu photo looks good leh.. This tells me that the petai is really HOT! haha..